SMORE - Create OWL Markup for HTML Web Pages
Other sample screenshots on the Screenshots Page
- Released SMORE 5.0 - download below (04/08/05)
- Coming Soon: Java Webstart Demo
- Stay updated on SMORE issues via the MINDSWAP Issue Tracker
SMORE is designed to enable users to markup HTML documents in OWL using Web Ontologies. Primary goals include:
- To allow the user to markup web documents with limited knowledge of OWL terms and syntax.
- To provide a way to use Classes,
Properties, and Individuals from existing ontologies, do limited
ontology editing, or even create a new ontology from scratch using
terms from web documents.
- To provide the a flexible environment to create simple web page simultaneously with markup.
- OWL-Centered: While previous versions of SMORE were RDF-based tools, the new SMORE is designed for the easy creation of OWL ontologies from web page information. SMORE can import multiple existing ontologies into the created ontology.
- Simple Creation of OWL Entities: Just select text from any loaded web site or document, and click the corresponding toolbar button to create OWL Classes, Properties and Individuals. SMORE also allows Drag-and-Drop and menu-based interaction.
- Triple-Based OWL Editing: For users familiar with creating RDF-style triples, the new SMORE preserves the ability to work with OWL entities and data values in a triple format.
- Smart Individual Editor: The Individual Editor uses Domain and Range restrictions to present a list of eligible targets for all object property links from an Individual. For datatype properties, SMORE provides an appropriate editor for each built-in datatype. This makes entering valid data simple, and eliminates datatype crashes.
- Familiar SWOOP Browser: SMORE integrates the SWOOP ontology browser, providing a clear and consistent way to find and view Classes and Properties, complete with search functionality. Click here for more information about SWOOP.
- Error Highlighting and Prevention: SMORE identifies and highlights invalid triples in the triple table, preventing the underlying ontology from becoming invalid, and helping the user correct errors.
- Built-In HTML Editor: SMORE incorporates the Ekit HTML editor, allowing the user to perform basic editing of HTML documents as they are being marked up.
- SMORE v5.0 (Updated: 04/08/05)
- Extend SMORE to include blogging support
- Submit generated markup to WebDAV servers
- Support limited image markup
- Contact the SMORE mailing list with problems or suggestions (Coming soon)